Sunday, August 19, 2018

every damn year

Every single year since Lily started school something is inevitable and that inevitable thing is that summer is over way too fast.

I love travelling with the kids, I love seeking out the next adventure and more than anything I just love being with them. I am not the mum who says, OMG summer is going to be so long, I cannot wait for them to go back to school. I will say that it will be nice to have Lily in school again as she has homeschooled for the last 2 and I have never been alone as she was always there. I truly loved it but sometimes if it was a long day and I just needed a quiet place to hide, I couldn't cos the kiddo was there and she needed someone to talk to.

Tonight the lunches are made, the book bags filled and the uniform and clothes set out. We have been sticking to a school schedule for the last week so that tonight doesn't come as a shock, or worse, tomorrow morning doesn't kill them.

I loved this summer, every single day.

I don't want it to end but growth is part of life and they need to grow. This time tomorrow I will be regaled by the first day stories and school will once again be the norm.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck for the coming school year to all.....are you back in school as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t take a break. I’m not stopping until this first step is done and then I’ll continue at a leisurely pace.

    ReplyDelete