Sunday, July 29, 2018

cousins

We came back from England and 3 days later the girls went on their annual Boston Maine trip with the unhusband. They were gone for 10 days and 2 days after they got back my cousin Stephens 2 daughters arrived. To say it has been a brilliant summer would be an understatement.

If you aren't from here it's possible that you don't know that the summer in Florida is our rainy season. Its hot and humid, the sun doesn't always shine and the thunderstorms are of epic proportion.

The girls got into the swing of things pretty darned quick and realised if they wanted to do things, waiting for the rain to stop was not an option. So we did all kinds of crazy stuff in the pouring rain and once, accidentally during a storm. Since they have been here many times their bucket list was short and concise and I was pretty damned sure I could make it all happen plus plus. And I did.


Airboat ride in the rain
jealous of the fabulous fashion statements huh?
so many big giggles and smiles for miles 
glasses and rain...urghhh
after the boat ride we went to see the gators.....in the rain
better you than me pally
baby gator
and just like that the rain stopped and the sun came out.





High on the bucket list was Pennekamp. It was raining a steady non Florida sort of rain at home so I said lets just head south, it's always nicer in the Keys. Hah. Not so much
we headed out, 2 kayaks and a paddleboard
when out of nowhere this massive thunder freaking storm blows in.
visibility, well there was  no visibility
the rain pummelled and it hurt and we all laughed so much
Peace again
the photos are blurry cos the rain and my phone was in a wet bag but it was messy
rain doesn't stop fun
Katie
Sophie and Rose two man boarding...who knew there was such a thing.
Lily attempting to get on too

Next day was bowling. Funny how that happened as there was no rain at all that day.
I loved this bowling alley, really flash
Sophie
Rosie
Katie
Lils
these 2 are hilarious together
It's so easy to get to the Keys from where we live and I find life down there is quieter and I love that so we headed south frequently.
this was such a fun day
that's a big lobster
run!!!
Robbies is famous for it's tarpon feeding, but if you look closely at these next few you will see that Lily fed herself to the tarpon
nom nom nom
at this moment Katie turned to offer her fish to Rosie as she was D.O.N.E.
those monster fish have teeny teeth.....luckily
always the over achiever.
Love Robbies
the sister is missing, she was having a moment
I'm not actually sure how many trips we made to Pennekamp and how many things we did that I failed to photograph. I do know that we did some heavy duty shopping, well the girls did and we ate at lots of restaurants. I would facebook with my cousin almost daily and we would remind of things they wanted to do. Half the time they did and half the time they didn't. All I know is it was great fun, great fun. We laughed a lot and the girls really got to know each other. Next time Stevie O Im sending mine to you

No comments:

Post a Comment