Saturday, October 6, 2018

a day with my big

Lily has an assignment due for art class in college and in order to be able to do it she needed to visit an art museum. Today we checked that of of her list and her and I had a really lovely day together.

I didn't take my camera as I assumed that no photos would be the order of the day. I was wrong, the only exhibit that was camera restricted was the Picasso gallery.


Perez Art Museum of Miami. PAMM
First you must goof around in the car wash display.
this.
I ♥️♥️♥️this shot of my big. 
crazy right?
so many tiny details. Must have been one helluva night before. hah
I could have spent hours just looking
this is off to the left 
genius
and this just as you walk into the collection
this looks curved from this angle but its a flat piece on a wall.
this look Holocaust-ish and very grim. Yet at the same time a certain whimsy came from it
because why not?
eye catching
I looked at this from across the room and said to Lily, hah, welcome to the 80's. She went and looked and said, mum you were right. Well hell yes, every Coconut Grove art show back them had this stuff. 
My absolute favourite installment.
fun
there were so many people traipsing through that I laid my phone in the floor and took whatever was above.
Hew Locke is the artist and it's time for me to find more of his work.
Truly a fun and giggly afternoon with Lily. Tomorrow I turn myself over to the Little as she has a science fair project due...gag gag gag. I need to drive her all over town gathering her samples.

1 comment: