Monday, April 2, 2018

easter mess

I love decorating for any occasion but I like to keep it simple, too much of anything gets me a little overwhelmed, almost as if I cannot breathe.

Since we had a rather hectic week with the pooch being in hospital Easter got a bit sidetracked and by the time I thought about decorating eggs it was already Friday.

Decorating eggs is the work of Satan, I am convinced. It is the messiest, most disgusting craft out there. So much mess. We have tried all sorts of ways, silk ties, shaving foam, post it notes, plain old dye, colouring, blowing, hard boiling, it's all the freaking same, it's hell on earth.

I was surprised when Rosie wanted to do it because she isn't into messy things and crafting isn't exactly her thing but she did, so we did and Lily even joined us. This year we they decided upon the whipped cream method.


My camera was acting up so I took a few shots after giving it a fiddle. These are just so gorgeous in colour and taste
Task at hand. White eggs
a few drops of poison food colouring 
drip drip drip all over the whipped cream
swirl it about with a tooth pick
attempt 2
yuck. 
Rosies second attempt
sort of dyed eggs
yuck, that is just ugly
broken and all.
so there we have it, another eggcellent, or not so much, eggstravaganza in the books.

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of this but it looks amazing although extremely messy! The pic of the second attempt would be a great way to decorate a cake!

    ReplyDelete