Friday, March 30, 2018

Camp OB

When we took the archery class the instructor told us that if we wanted to sign up for a more advanced class to head to Camp OB. I had no idea what he was saying or where it was so after class I inquired. He said, Camp OB is 30 minutes from here, it's the park with the caves.

Say what? Caves, here in SoFl. I have lived here for over 30 years and had never heard of them, The unhusband was born here and when I asked him he looked at me with his, you aren't too swift, face and then when I asked Jenny she too was clueless. I knew we had to go.

On Wednesday we made it our adventure de jour.

The weather was fabulous the location close by and the park itself was absolutely deserted and just gorgeous. We checked in with the park office and were handed a map....which if anyone cares we failed to read properly and missed the caves completely and walked and walked and walked. I, who has no sense of direction, took said map and figured it out.


ready and raring to go
termites
Its so gorgeous....but thankful it's not my house
Hurricane Irma really hit hard here
It's quite amazing how mother nature manages to survive if she has just a small chance
A heart.....cool


nutters
weird peeling tree
so many cut down trees still waiting to be cleared but this one was gorgeous
She cannot stop laughing, the sole fell off of my shoe
berries
cave entrance
It was surprisingly cold and smelly down there
Florida is virtually at sea level so it is quite surprising to have these here
amazing
trees growing right through them
which one gets thrown in first
good luck getting out
no water but she tried
Rosie in a hole
hmmm, note to self focus the camera.
We had the best time, really we did. We were giddy from it all but our joy was short lived. we got home to a seriously sick pup.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn you find the best adventures for your kids. Mother Nature is so amazing! Love the selfie!

    ReplyDelete