Wednesday, April 4, 2018

not that kind of mum

On Saturday, seconds after I walked into the house from work, Lily bebopped up to me with an idea that she thought was, "just fabulous". Mum, can Kathy come over and we can bake cookies together? Frankly that's a no brainer and the answer was yes. I told Lily we would go to the store and pick Kathy up on our way home.

As we were walking through Publix Lily asked my what we needed to make sugar cookies and I looked at the very blankly and said, I have no freaking idea, I wish I was a baking kind of mum but I am not. And so out came my phone and google to the rescue.

We got all her necessary requirements and checked out and went and picked up Kathy.

Oh Easter why the F@#$ do you insist on being such a messy occasion?

I used to have cookie cutters for EVERY SINGLE OCCASION but we never bake cookies so I ditched them all. The girls actually molded the dough into the shapes they needed The girls had a blast and I was really happy that Lily allowed her little seester to be involved.


Chef extaordinaire
Make sure you use a lot of flour wasn't wasted on this one
cute little shapes
and then Kathy started the painstaking process of making her cookies perfect. 
the delightful blue one is Ro's, the really crafty ones, Kathys.
Lilys 
The top ones her are Rosies. I love her tiny chickie.
So that ends the messy decorating until the holidays roll around, thank god.

1 comment:

  1. You never know but they may want to do some for Memorial day & July 4th &.....

    ReplyDelete