Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 but not so fast

A new year is set to commence so in order to welcome it with open arms I want to close out the old one with a look back.

January.
we headed to Boston and the weather that we have circumnavigated the globe looking for FINALLY favoured us. We had such a wonderful time in the snow.


Boston Common
joy
walloped by a snowball
one of my favourite photos of us


February
Rosie hit the double digits and turned 10 and cousin Annie flew in from Australia to help us celebrate.
Rosies bday take 1
kayaking
Rosies bday take 2
Lion Country Safari
March
we added a scared and timid retired greyhound into the family.

the dog that REFUSED to walk
but she is cute and gets away with murder
that face.
April
 this month was my month to take my love of rehabbing furniture to a new level and I sold my first piece. I also took on a lot of projects, either mentally or physically but this was the start.

my fave
quick and easy
lots of little crafts

May
Lily started coaching swimming and triathlon camp and Rosie attended
makes for a proud mum moment
always gave it her best
my natural athlete
June
 Lily turned 15 and got her learning permit to drive.

Life is different now, a common phrase is, who is driving, me or you?
Holy cow....all grown up
July
We learnt that the hound loves to swim, even though all books led us to believe they hate water. Luna just wants to be with the girls at ALL costs. and our highlight of the month was cousins coming to stay and lots of adventures

Sophie and Rosie kayaking.
cannot wait to see you all together again
I CAN swim

August
Back to school, 5th grade for Rosie and another year of home school for Lily. This is proving to be Rosies year academically.

happy girl
those shoes
September. one word Irma



we were so lucky
this was a common sight
October
 the kick off to the holiday season. Shorter days, cooler temps and pumpkins

Rose and I heading out
Luna wore a costume, Lily didn't
One of my messy messy crafts
November
Turkey days and braces for the little pickle

so brave
now they are normal to her and she never complains.
December
 trees, lights and Christmas card hilarity

best Santa EVER
ha
this was our card this year...an outtake of what it should have been but it made us laugh
2017 taught me a lot, for example, stop deleting all you damned photos, I had to pull these form Facebook!! I know longer blog, this needs to change. I cannot wait to see what next year has in store for us but for now we are cold weather bound again. See you on the flip side.

2 comments:

  1. Love the recap! Enjoy your trip.....can't wait to see where you've been! Don't come too far north.....it's horrendous where we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls had an amazing year! Luna is the perfect addition to your family. Hope you have a wonderful 2018!

    ReplyDelete