Thursday, January 11, 2018

tennessee

I decided a few months back that since we were not going home for Christmas I would take the girlies on a little trip and spend Christmas somewhere different. I then realised that Christmas eve fell on their dads day off and even though, technically, it was my year I told him to have them on Xmas eve so it altered our plans.

I have always thought a cabin in the mountains with some snow would be a fabby way to spend the holidays and Tennessee seems to have lots of cabins and mountains but I had a preconceived opinion of TN and it wasn't a good one. I decided to throw caution to the wind and find a place. 

Shortly after New Years Eve we hopped into the car and drove and drove and drove. Florida is one absurdly long state to drive out of. We stopped to visit the unhusbands Uncle in Podunk GA and then continued on our way. Each mile found us hitting colder and colder temps but we were ready. A crazy weather front was walloping the East Coast and was being called a bomb cyclone. The average temps in TN at this time of year are 48℉ but were significantly lower due to this weird front. We were looking at 8℉. WTF??? Have I mentioned the last time I drove in snow and ice I was 18? Yes well I was hoping it was like riding a bike. 

We arrived at the tiny house around 9pm (we left our house at 3.36am) and were greeted by a warm and cozy cabin. Luna seemed to approve and was just happy to be out of the car again. She is a traveling champ and we stopped a lot and walked her but that was a long time.

We put on our coats and went out to investigate the gorgeousness that was ours for the next few days. It was amazing, cold and icy, leafless trees and ten acres of woods ending at a lake. Then we ran back to the tiny house to get warm. We left the taps running to avoid the pipes freezing and left the heating on high and went to sleep. I woke up in the night and just had a feeling something was wrong. The power had gone out. It was cold. I told the girls to stay in bed snuggled up and I would see what I could do. I figured if push came to shove I'd head to a hotel, at least the car was warm. I sent a text to the owner of the cabin and asked that he call me ASAP and to my amazement he rang immediately. Then he came over and fixed the issue. Apparently due to the cold all the cabins were pulling to much electric from the breaker and we we blew it.   With the power back on I was able to see it was a frigid 44℉ insidešŸ˜³ 

By morning all faith was restored in humanity and we got ready to seize the day. 


A very welcome sight
don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!
stamp of approval from the residents
umm, scuse me but that is your bed to the left!
Look at the ground, it is white
oddly we didn't use this
another tiny house on the property.
We were raring to get out and see the sights. stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. How did you find a cabin in the middle of nowhere.......I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be a smart arse but how do you "wee" the sights??? Couldn't you get arrested for that????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting TN! I'm so glad you got to experience it. What a nice cabin!!

    ReplyDelete