Friday, August 19, 2016

so little time

I have so much to blog and so little time to do it before school starts. Did you hear me?Beforeschoolstarts.  !!

Just writing those words turns my stomach. The girl is going to  High School urghh. Is it not enough that she is already a hormonal firestorm and doesn't need any more stress added to her life. She is ready in many ways but I can't help but worry about things like her choice of freinds etc etc.

Wake me up in four years. Teendom is no different that toddlerdom. Both stages are about branching out, pushing buttons and pushing limits, it is just so much easier to deal with when the consequences can be as easy as no treat after dinner or no Sesame Street today. This end of the pushing buttons guage is ugly...brrrrrr.

My once non stop talker doesn't talk so much now, my fun loving child barely allows herself to have fun....does my head in. Alas  I am in it for the long haul and must somehow stand strong in these oh so choppy waters and guide her out the other side.

Wake me up when she is an adult.




3 comments:

  1. This too shall pass (and I give you permission to remind me of that concerning my daughter!). I hope everyone in your home has a wonderful school year! How much more schooling do you have to complete your program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that and survived. Don't worry you have great kids all will be fine believe me. Someone once said if you haven't instilled all the right ideals by the time they are 14 it's too late. So don't worry, you have been an inspiration to your girls. I am confident Lily will make you and us very proud. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tell everyone that the teenage years are the worst, however, they do grow & mature & emerge as real human beings again. Keep repeating "This too shall pass!":)

    ReplyDelete