Saturday, May 23, 2015

nuts. it runs in the family

I believe I can paint us all with one brush when I say, my family is nuts. The "grown ups" taught us how to be this way although they are all slightly more demure and sophisticated. We, the young'uns are mad. And yes I still believe myself to be young and for as long as I can run circles around folks half my age it will stay that way.

Cousin Tatula  is no different and we spend a lot of time laughing. She spent a few minutes in the car one day explaining to the girls how the kids in PNG carry their school bags and then proceeded to show them. I had just put my phone in its case so I could run so the photos are sketchy at best but you get the idea.


Madness
And now it should be perfectly clear why we are always laughing

Tatula came to us this time with a little list of things she wanted to try and see and or do. One of those things was skateboarding. Yes really. The madness that she gets into when she is here results in emails from her mother asking if she is still in one piece. She has travelled the world, lived in Iraq and Afghanistan, now lives in Papua New Guinea and it is here, at my house, that her mother is most concerned. Hah. I take my role as older cousing seriously.


Who am I to stop her from doing the things on her list?
Note: my kid is in a helmet, not the cousin. 
such concentration
It was 90 degrees that day and she had a rotten migraine but refused to stop. 
❤️
I am so fabulously lucky to have such an amazing family
She survived. From here we went straight to another place on her list and I am so glad she suggested it.

3 comments:

  1. " The madness that she gets into when she is here results in emails from her mother asking if she is still in one piece." Somehow this statement (cut & pasted from your post) tells it all!!! I don't suppose you have a hand in some of what she does????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see any madness, just a lot of fun and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds amazing and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete