I was on Pinterest a few, whenevers, ago and I saw some pillows and instantly thought, hmmm, I can do that. So I did and I made some for me and sewed them by hand which was exactly the look I was going for. Then I decided to add to the creativity and step it up a notch or two and it involved sewing with my machine.
Everything went fabulously and I made these.
Flowers are cute and all but I am a heart girl. I just love hearts. So I nipped off to the shop and came back with hearts galore. I planned on buying felt squares but Hobby Lobby had a bag of pre -cut hearts. SCORE.
Sounds perfect doesn't it and it would have been had they not been sticky hearts. They were peel and stick. Hmpf. But I peeled, stuck and started sewing. andbrokemymachine.
Right off, like snap and it's foot was just laying there.
All a bit nasty and tragic really. As I tried to pull the fabric out it was stuck, seriously stuck. There were about 30 threads coming up from the bottom and it took me 10-ish minutes to free my sewing from it's jaws. The bobbin casing thing was tied in to the machine with a plethora of little pink threads. And everything was sticky and gummed up from the adhesive on the hearts. Sigh. The adhesive was everywhere and everything was sticky and not just a little bit but thick and claggy sticky.
As I unwound all the threads I had to unlatch the housing and as I pulled a thread the whole doohickey fell out and landed on the table and I had no idea how to put it back together. NONE.
So there it was. RIP little Brother.
Cause of Death: dead from thread.
I was furious.
I was sad.
I jumped into fix it mode and gawd knows how but I fixed it.
So I am still happily sewing cushion covers.
I"ll be back with more soon.