Thursday, January 3, 2019

hasta la vista 2018

I am tardy with this post but that's ok, you just need to look at my history of blogging and you'll realize that a post of any sort is borderline miraculous.


This year, like all of them contained highs and lows, positives and negatives and a sprinkling of family shite.   C'est la vie

January

we headed to colder climes with a road trip to Tennessee and had fantastic time.

little cabin in the woods
Nashville



February

my baby turned 11. That's just wrong. She was also not quite herself and her celebrations had to be muted as partying with bronchitis and walking pneumonia isn't a priority.
cupcakes are always her choice. 
a b-ball hoop is right up her alley



Houndish also celebrates her birthday in February and she turned FIVE and kicked up her paws

March 

March bought us a hound that had been with us for a year and lots of little day trips.
love those smiles
one of my all time favorite photos
able>
houndy fits right in, she shares our love of water

April

April was a tough month as one of Lily's friends mum was diagnosed with widespread cancer and a poor prognosis and our lives were about to take a huge detour.

Easter bought a sense of normalcy and the 3 kids baked some amazing cookies.
there was flour EVERYWHERE
impressive
May

Lily's friend moved in with us and we got used to being a family of 3 kids not 2.  I decided it was time to  change things up and I went back to school. And my little pickle made the principals honor roll for the first time. She worked her tush off and was so proud. Me too.


Food in this country is harmful and basically unregulated. I decided it was time to attend The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. IIN
So damn proud of this one, she worked so hard.
June

Lily turned 16, I turned 54 and we headed across the ocean, stopping in Canada, to route to the UK.

A day late with the celebrations as I ended up in the hospital on the day. But cake is cake and birthdays are always celebrated.
Another country to cross off our list.
July

my father turned 80 on July 4th. We surprised him and it was one of the best things we could have done.


Upon arrival Lily and Milly became great friends.
the finer things in life and an old car. 
some outlandishly fun times with my sister
80 requires a different approach to celebrating
a quite day spent on the river in the beautiful British countryside
The birthday boy, the legend, my daddio
August

so much fun was had in August with the girls cousins coming to stay and then on a more sobering note the beginning of school at the end of the month.


Our worst weather is in august and september but I couldn't let that stop us from having fun. Kayaking in a freakish somewhat rogue storm. Ooopsie
Lily got her hand bitten by a tarpon at Robbies
More rain 
big arse lobster attack
The Pickle started Middle school but in the same school she has always gone to. She entered the upper academy as it is a K8
Lily reentered regular school after homeschooling for 2 years. She is attending SAS and goes to college int he mornings and high school in the afternoons. She is so happy and has a circle of like minded friends
September

I found this month to be one of introspection, I pulled away from social media and tried to focus only on positive things. I took up yoga and meditation and found my self etching out my future plans and the future of my little family. Life has been so much better since not allowing my reactions to situations that I can't control, get the better of me.


October 

a day spent alone with my big and halloween


my beautiful girl #icouldhavemissedthis
Perez art museum

halloween pretties
November

my sister and brother in law came for a visit.
my girls were over the moon.


it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Crazy Auntie Sally and Mad Uncle Andy took the girls go Karting, Rosie was allowed to drive for the first time.
December

Christmas, Cirque Du Soleil on ice and Luna finally makes a friend.


je t'aime
Luna and her running buddy and all round bestie, Dusty
sweetness
backstage with @acrojames at Cirque Crystal
a family photo..yes, I'm shocked too
Silly Lunes, that is not yours



And so we move onwards and upwards into 2019.
Many plans for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you all! You have accomplished a lot this past year & should give yourself a pat on the back. Now I have to get my act together & catch up my blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all your adventures with your amazing girls (furry one included!). I definitely missed you when you were on your social media hiatus, but I get sometimes you just need to do it. Hoping you have a happy, healthy and peaceful 2019!

    ReplyDelete