Sunday, May 13, 2018

mothers day

It never gets old, this mothering thing. Sometimes a little trying or challenging but never old. I swear that if our destiny is written before we are even born, this would be mine.

I truly hope I don't take it for granted, them for granted. I try to remain in the moment and enjoy the small moments the times when it is just us doing very ordinary things with a tonne of love and a lot of giggles. I'm know sometimes I fail and I always own those times.

Sometimes it feels like it's just us, the 3 musketeers (and a dog), taking on the world and we manage to rock it.

My idea for mothers day was to head out in a kayak into the peace and quiet of the Atlantic but the weather man said it was a foolish idea due to thunderstorms. Due to aforementioned storms we decided to head to the beach instead, with Houndish in tow.


how they love having a dog.
the girls weere throwing stones into the ocean and the hound just couldn't figure it all out. 
Little weirdo loves to lie down in the water. Look at the tip of her tail poking up. Makes me laugh
I sees dat....but I don't know what it is. Saw her first squirrel and was not at all interested in chasing it. 
She loves to drink from the stream of water rather than the bowl
Her impression of a seal. Where are your ears houndish?
Loves Lily and loves the ocean.
The girls love to run with her
proof that we were there
Key Biscayne
It was lashing rain and the wind picked up...so much fun.
One exhausted hound.
I love being outdoors away from the crowds. It is hard here to get away from people but today the weather was so crummy that I knew the beaches would be empty. Many people here believe that getting wet in the rain causes you to get a cold so with the lashing rain ( but 83 degree temps) I knew it would be perfect and it was.

First we walked around a park and then headed to the ocean.

We had a simply wonderful time. The dog gets crazy in water and that in turn makes the girls hysterical. Fun was had by all.

I love these 2 girls ferociously, I enjoy their company so so much and am thankful that they like to spend time with me just doing the mundane stuff and sometimes adventuring.

Their kindness baffles me and I am always amazed out how thoughtful they are.

We recently added another member to the household and I am learning just how lucky I am with the dynamic that we 3 have.

Thank you for loving me and allowing me to love and nurture you both. xxxx

( oh Lunes was running through a huge puddle and failed to notice the massive storm drain and her skinny legs went straight down it rendering them cut and bloodied hence the bandages. She will be fine but they need to heal a bit so she cant lick them into oblivion. )

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's day.....it sounds like you had fun. BTW how do we know you turned into a real dog person.......there's more pics of the dog than the kids in this post! Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete