Saturday, February 3, 2018

e l e v e n

Rosie is 11.

There aren't enough cliches in the world to properly express how I feel about it.

The plans were made, kayaking with just her fam on friday and then on the day bowling at a fabulous new place that has just opened called bowlera. And just as the plans were made the plans were cancelled, put on hold really, as the still 10 year old came home from shcool last Wednesday with a pretty high fever but no other symptoms. Thursday she was still crappy so she missed school and well basically I'll just put ditto marks right through until Wednesday. Her fever stayed strong the entire time but her other symptoms never really got going until Sunday night and then she got the nastiest most disgusting, cough until she couldn't breathe, cough.

Bronchitis and walking pneumonia. She was quite the shit show, poor kid, even the pediatrician was impressed.

But I digress, Rosie is 11. She had no odea what she wanted so I took her through store after store looking for ideas but nothing stood out and then as we were almost home I drove past a park and saw the b-ball hoops and I knew exactly what to get for her.

Her birthday was low key and thankfully we weren't able to get the entire hoop assembled on Saturday as we waited for her dad to show up to join the festivities but that didn't happen till 4.30pm. At least I didn't have to say, no you cannot play b'ball. Sunday though, well I had to let her have a go.

Urghhh all the photos are out of order but considering my current blogging status I suppose we should just be happy there is anything here at all.


this is what happens when you have a greyhound that likes to tear wrapping paper
pretty sure this won't play so I will go ahead and tell you it's Luna helping
no big cakes for tiny Girl, she likes cupcakes
awesome candles with different coloured flames
one sick pickle smiling dimly
sunday
Sunday afternoon
this photo should have been first. This is what greeted her when she woke up.
Rosie is eleven. so thankful she is mine to watch the years FLY by with.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Rosie....what a bummer to be sick on your birthday. Hopefully she feels much better now! Dawn I cannot believe that both Rosie & LiLi are 11! WTH! Where did the time go? They are both amazing girls & I can't wait to see what life brings for them. Hugs to Rosie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate hearing that Rosie was so sick! Ack! Glad she is better now. Happy, Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. Bri is 11 too. How the heck did that happen? LOL! I wish these girls would stop growing up so dang fast!

    ReplyDelete