Sunday, August 13, 2017

........but she is mighty

The smallest member of this this family is by far the most sporty and athletic, she loves to ride bikes, to swim, to skateboard well I think you get the picture and doesn't particularly care how hot it is. When Lily's boss asked if she could help every day for 3 weeks straight with a triathlon camp she said yes. After the first couple of days I knew Rosie would love it and signed her up over her objections of, but mum camp, but mum do I have to go without you, but mum, but mum, but mum why am I going to camp, BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT. And of course she did. Because mama really does know best.

It wasn't a full day camp it was just a couple of hours in the afternoon. This coach is not like any of the coaches that used to coach the girls to swim he is so much fun. He teaches the fun aspect of sport not the competition. OHMYGOD what a difference. It was hard to get my head around in the beginning cos I am a type A and I get the job done and don't have time for people poncing about but after a little while I could see that ALL the kids were loving it and were having fun and that was what it was about.


Since this is the cliff notes version, straight to pictures it is
Day one: who knew there was such a thing as triathlon laces. lesson learnt.
Listening to the instructor
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo
triathlon laces in place which means lace up shoes become slip ons. very important when your feet are wet
runing in the pouring rain. the kids loved it
it poured for 2 hours striaght but no lightening
why yes, she really is this skinny and this long. BUT SHE IS VERY HEALTHLY
but why do I have to go to camp...because you WILL love it!!!
skinny little sprinter
sidewards running
swimming: her favourite part. If this cap looks familiar it is an actual cap from the British Olympic team thanks to Mad uncle Anduy and Crazy Auntie Sally
Looking tired
skill practice
their faces make me laugh. this is her friend that she met at camp. she is another little expat from the UK and they got on like a house on fire.
Im not sure if the circus was in town or if this really was coach Nick!
getting sorted
I loved camp mum and made friends!!! 
as you can tell these photos were in no particular order just random ones from here and there. I just might catch up eventually

2 comments:

  1. And have fun she did😍 How did her legs get so long? These girls are growing up way too fast😢😢

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a little beast! LOL! Bri is long and lean like that too. Wish I was!

    ReplyDelete